In a crowded and hyper-competitive TV and digital landscape standing out is far from easy. Capturing attention is about finding content that isn’t run of the mill – not predictable, not phoned in, not the same as the others.
Seven House hosted a discussion with 7NEWS Spotlight’s Executive Producer Mark Llewellyn about finding stories that provide impact, drive change and enthral the audiences.
• Telling the other side of the story which at times can be controversial.
• Challenging common perceptions and mass media reporting.
• Daring to delve into topics that may make people feel uncomfortable, because the truth is often uncomfortable.
• Striking the balance between commercial sensitivities and pushing boundaries to attract attention to the content.
• Not being scared to take someone on if it’s for the right reasons.