No Turning Back: Tokyo 2020 – out now
As the countdown continues to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, the Seven Network has launched an unmissable new podcast series with Mel McLaughlin that takes the listener inside some of the most remarkable stories behind Australia’s Olympic and Paralympic teams.
In No Turning Back: Tokyo 2020, McLaughlin, who will lead Seven’s team on the ground in Tokyo alongside Mark Beretta during the Olympic Games, said it was an amazing experience to speak in depth with a select group of Australia’s most exceptional athletes.
I will be sharing some of the great athletes’ stories: their triumphs, their tragedies, their journeys, in their own words.Mel McLaughlin
- • Para-triathlete Nic Beveridge, who has embraced his “second life” after an unexpected medical episode one night during his Year 12 studies left him a paraplegic
- • Women’s track star Bendere Oboya, who fled Ethiopia with her family when just three years old before becoming the second fastest Australian junior of all time over 400m, behind only Sydney 2000 legend Cathy Freeman
- • Kaia Parnaby, Bel White and Taylah Tsitsikronis of the Australian softball side, which earlier this month became the first Olympic team to arrive in Tokyo for the Games
- • Diver Sam Fricker, 18, who has juggled preparing for his first Olympic Games with running a start-up business that’s aiming to rid the world of single-use plastics
- • Three-time Paralympic silver medallist Madison de Rozario, who in Tokyo will be bidding to win Australia’s first Gold medal in women’s wheelchair racing since the great Louise Sauvage in 2000
More episodes in the compelling No Turning Back: Tokyo 2020 series will be released before the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on 23 July.